Saturday, July 21, 2012

It's a HOT MESS!







Good morning everyone! Today is a beautiful, rainy morning! I am NOT complaining!  I am thankful for the rain. I have been on vacation for the past 4 days, it has been wonderful!  The weather has not cooperated, so some of the things I wanted to do, I couldn't because it was raining. So, it will have to wait.
My garden is doing so good! The only thing that I am combating is Aphids, and weeds!
I got all my supplies needed for making Pickles! I am excited! Yes, I am weird, I know. LOL!
My oldest son says there is a conspiracy against his car whenever I am on vacation, something happens to his car. This time it wouldn't start. Something with the battery, we hope, or who knows? My husband and son will go to get a new one today. It has turned out to be a money sucker! I just want something my son can be safe in while he is on the road. He is a very good driver, and I am getting more comfortable with him driving me.
I got the poly I needed for the drysink that will go in the bathroom. If it isn't TOO hot, I may try and get in the garage and put the first coat on. I am planning on doing three total. Also, on my husbands' list is to get the light installed in this bathroom.
He asked me (my husband) if I was feeling alright, because I have been cleaning and purging and re-arranging! Yes, I have been busy. This I started just yesterday evening. If you came to my house, this is what you would see. Hopefully, I haven't scared you all too bad! LOL!
I moved my red cupboard into the living room. It was in the dining room, but I needed a change. The only thing is, I still have to keep my stuff stored underneath, like my mixer, and my crockpot and stuff like this.
My home is just not big enough for all my stuff! I have purged as much out for my kitchen stuff as I am going to. I like to cook and bake, so I thinned out what I could.
I moved the barn door to the left end because my thinking is, this is where I would like to have a pantry. I would like to use this door for my pantry. I am hoping that can be done. Another project. Also, I still have no trim in my upstairs. I don't love my linoleum, it's pretty worn, I cannot see affording to get this replaced anytime soon, so I am still contemplating on painting it.
Need to take my rugs out and hose them down, these are the type that you can just do that to clean them. The braided ones that is.
So, I think I am happy with this arrangement for the time being. What do you all think? Does it look good to have the red cupboard in here? I kept my pew there. Now, I have to figure out WHERE to put stuff.
I am also debating the fact that I am getting a small collection of two-toned pottery, I am wondering about putting it in here. Then I would have to arrange the other stuff. LOL!
I am not crazy about the fabric on my sofa, but I cannot afford Johnston Benchworks, so this has to do.
I have purged out several bags of things this past week. I need to do much more. It is hard to think of parting with things like cookbooks. I have to find a solution to this.
I want to simplify, but yet, I like my stuff too! But, what I don't like is the little piles I seem to have here and there. I just want to be able to not have anxiety about things.
Zipper was helping supervise the process, I think he likes everything.
I am also contemplating going back to school, but I am going to pray about this first. IF this is meant to be, God will make a way. I have to eliminate stress from my life, I don't like how it makes me, and I also don't like being taken advantage of all the time. Something has got to give.
It doesn't help me to be a light.
I did also find out that my mom is coming for a visit in September. I am looking forward to seeing her. It has been about a year.
I hope that you all have a nice weekend.
God bless

4 comments:

  1. Hi Renee, oh my, you are busy busy! I was looking at your things and love love them! Everything always look so nice, so it will not take you long to get them organized and staged! Please let us see the after pictures too!
    Hope you take a bit of time to relax some! Have a lovely evening! Many Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee, wow, you are one busy gal.You have wonderful prim goodies, love to look at your home, cute Kitty. I feel the same on changing things up, but I`m worried about the hot mess I`ll create in the mean time,tee hee. Thats so nice your Mom is coming, enjoy. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee,

    You have been a busy woman! All your organization will pay off! Then you can come over here. :)

    I read on Linda's blog that you were selling some things on facebook...saw her valance....so cute!

    So my question is....are you selling any gameboards? I'm looking for some!

    Glad you have a safe driver to drive you around! That's a good thing!

    I bet you have an awesome garden!

    Have a great week!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you get attached and don't want to give it up.But once you start letting "stuff" go you feel better and after it's gone you don't miss it.It is freeing to live with less clutter.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete