Wednesday, July 25, 2012
In the garden, my soul is sunshine.
It's already another Wednesday! It's also a hot, and sticky day here! I was out early this morning, weeding some and trying to take care of suckers on tomatoes and also APHIDS! Which seem to be my nemesis this season! My finger has plenty of pinching practice! LOL!
Of course, I had my vacation, it was nice to have the time off, I didn't get to do all I had wanted to, but I guess I have gotten some things done, and I have to realize that I will get it done when I can.
I have managed to make a big mess in my house, but I am making steady progress here, so I will continue.
I couldn't BELIEVE all the dust bunnies! I have to mop today!
I am waiting on my son, who stays up late and sleeps his day away, guess that is what teens do. He has been invited to a costume party on Saturday. You are supposed to dress up as your favorite musician. He has chosen Elton John, and I am talking about the vintage Elton from the 1970's. So, we are heading out to the thrift store to see what we can find. We found some glasses.
My son has an appreciation for all types of music. He tells me " I have music in me mom". He is always humming or moving, music calms him and I believe his talents lie in music and the arts, for he loves to act as well. He has asked to go to a musical or Broadway type show. We do often times go to the High school plays that are in the area. He likes them.
He has also asked me for "gentlemen clothing", which when I asked him to elaborate more, he said, "You know mom, nice pants, button shirts and ties". Okay~ I don't know how to do ties!
I try to boost his esteem however I can. I pray for my boys, but Brandon has a tough time with feeling good about himself, and that is hard, hard on this mama to watch. I want to "fix" but I cannot. The damage that has been done to him from years of bullying have taken a toll, but still we press on.
Finding out one of his "secrets" this year, was heart breaking and I have to confess, I am having a hard time with forgiveness on this one, but I am sincerely seeking the Lord on this, and asking him to HELP me, and to more importantly, HELP Brandon as well.
Anyhow, I am looking forward to what God has in store for both of my boys. I know I have to pray for them often. It is a tough place out here, and Satan is working OT! But he has no power, because I have Jesus, and I have Jesus blood to protect me and my family! AMEN!
I hope you all enjoy the flowers I posted here. I have MUCH work to do here. It needs to cool down though so we can work out here.
I can't even poly this sink, it's been too hot! I have been waiting for a cooler day, it has been humid and humid here! I have decided, I don't like humidity!
The one tree in front, well, actually, both trees, I need to expand the one bed, see bigger is better, in terms of gardening. The other area, I haven't done yet. That will most likely be next year. The back yard, will take precedence. Plus, I have some work to do on the side where the garage is, and my hubby started on the walking path.
I still need to yank my arbor so I can re-do it.
My MIL is in the hospital. She is having an Angioplasty done. My husband will be going up to see her shortly. We will go another day this week. She had three of these done, and two were already blocked again. Not good.
I will be back with more to share later. We have to head out for some fun today.
Thanks for visiting, God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee, such a touching post today! But, I love your flowers...viewing them put a happy smile on my face...thanks so much for sharing your garden!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Beautiful flowers Renee!
ReplyDeleteHope everything works out for MIL.
Have fun shopping for the costume party ~ Oh the fun!
Prim Blessings
Robin
Hi Renee, thanks for the wonderful garden walk, enjoyed it so,beautiful flowers. Sorry to hear about MIL, hope all goes well. What fun, a costume party, have a grand time shopping, Blessings Francine.
ReplyDeleteHi Renee, I am so sorry about your son being bullied. That is terrible! He sounds like such a special young man, and I know it is hard for a mom to watch her children be mistreated. I will say a prayer for him. Love all your pretty flowers, I would say you have a green thumb. hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeletePlease pray for my mother in law. She has gone into cardiac arrest. They apparently gave her something additional to the morphene, sorry for the mis spell. When this happened, she went into cardiac arrest. This happened right in front of my husband. He is very scared, so please pray for her. It would mean a great deal to my family.
ReplyDeleteRenee I miss you girl. I love your flowers. You are gifted in gardening. So sorry about the bullying. Not good. Hope your m-i-l does well. I had no idea you were going through all this. Prayers my friend.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, Renee, as always your garden is beautiful. You definitely have a green thumb!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea about what Brandon had gone through. I'll pray for him. Brandon is blessed to have you there so close commicating with him. Oh, and I just prayed for your MIL as well.
Dust bunnies. Must run those away from here too! :)
Tammy
Oh Renee! I so sorry about the bullying, what is with kids today? I just don't get it!
ReplyDeleteSo hoping your MIL is doing better, it is so hard to see our parents ill. hugs!
your garden amazing! OLM