Saturday, August 4, 2012
Here is my heart.
Good morning everyone! I admit, I am a bit on the slow side this morning. I have been up since 5, which is pretty typical for me, but I went to bed after midnight. We had a bit of a nasty storm come through, and we were without power for a short time, but still, was hectic. Scared cat, nervous boys, and then there is ME, trying to fumble around with Kyles' phone so I can find my candles to light them!
Nearly killed myself tripping over the 6 pillows I bought from K-Mart for the boys. Brandon tossed them on the living room floor! LOL! Well, it was Friday, I worked till 4, then came home, got my list, coupons, Brandon, and we headed out to the grocery store. I don't like to shop on weekends! I detest it, in fact, in a short while, I will be heading to Menards to pick up lumber and rock salt. I am not happy, but it needs to be done.
But, at least, the shopping is all done, and now, after this, I can settle in and get myself into something around here!
First, this is a special day, the Lord made this day, and also, on this day, nineteen years ago, that young man in the red shirt was laid on my chest for the first time. It isn't official until later tonight, but oh how fast the time has gone. Sometimes, I wish I could go back, I would do SO many things different. Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?
I guess the biggest thing I have to learn is that I have done the best I could do, I have taught my boys right from wrong, I have taught them to be respectful to others. I have taught them that we are supposed to try and be a light to the darkness with Jesus leading the way.
I recognize that not everyone shares my views on things, that is okay, I mean, we all have to make our own decisions. We all have to answer for those decisions, none of us are perfect, but there are some things that I see things the way I see them, according to Gods' word.
I personally believe, that marriage should be between one man and one woman, that is how God intended for things to be. He honors that, and the Bible says that husbands are to love their wives as God loves the church. And we all know what price he paid there.
God is love, yes, but God is also just. There are things that are against what his word says, and Jesus did judge~ in the temple where he tossed the tables with the moneychangers. I am not hateful to others, I treat others that are different than I, still with respect, but I will sometime give my opinion, if I feel led to do so.
I don't agree with certain things, and that is just that. I feel like today, some things are trying to be forced on us to accept this as normal and great. I don't feel that way, and I just have to get that off my chest.
Now, the other thing I am learning, is that I have to trust that my boys will recall the things I have tried to instill in them. I think most parents just want the best for their children.
I have plenty of things to work on yet with myself and the Lord, I think it will take until he comes, and I hope that I can let go of some baggage in my heart. I have really struggled with a few things with forgiveness with certain things and people in my past. I know that I have to truly forgive, and that is not always that easy, but still easier than what Jesus endured.
Now, onto other things.
I am going to make some homemade vegetable soup today, hopefully, it will be good! I got the recipe and the "itch" after seeing Emeril on his show. I thought that it sounded good, and I am going to also make some cornbread.
The lumber I will be picking up today is for my make-do pantry. I am debating on whether to use the door I want to, but after looking more closely at the back, some of the wood has deteriorated more than I thought.
Now, I am thinking, I may use my other door~ I have one from the Old Post office building in Historic downtown Anoka. It is one of two Post offices built by the Government. It was state of the art, and very spendy to build, which is why there are only two of them. I believe, I would have to re-check my facts, it is all steel infastructure, so that was what made it too expensive. The door is Robins' egg blue, and has a Post Office plaque on the front. Very neat.
I also have a five foot tall window I could use~ hmm~ decisions! LOL! I need food storage! LOL!
It has been very hot here, and I am not outside as much as I would like to be. It has been too humid. We are going to work on the landscaping in a few more weeks. Can't wait to get that done, at least that part.
I FINALLY finished one of my dolls. SOme of you have seen her on Facebook already~ sorry for the repeat. I named her "She likes buttons". She does have legs, they are a tad hard to see, but she has them, and I wish I had used a few more buttons, but I had a stash of oldies, and thought to use them with her. She is very primitive, and I really like her. I have another two to finish before I start any others! LOL!
Took several things to Good will, have more to do.
In four more days, I celebrate 20 years of marriage, and my youngest turns fifteen.
Hope to be back with more later.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Renee,
ReplyDeleteWhat an encouragement your post was to me today! I very much agree with your morals and values and am also tired of having so many things forced upon us!
I know your pantry is going to turn out great! That post office door sounds really neat. A pantry made from an old door is something I'd like to have one day. Not really a place in this house to do so, but I saved a pic of one I like if I ever have the opportunity. Can't wait to see yours!
Your doll is so cute!
And congratulations on your upcoming anniverary and your son's birthday! I have a birthday coming up the end of this month and my parent's anniversary is in August!
Well have a great weekend, Renee and I hope you get all your plans accomplished!
Blessings my friend,
Tammy
Happy birthday to your oldest! Yes I agree completely that we just accept things nowadays that we shouldn't.I'm open minded but in the end we are judged according to our choices and I don't want to stand down and accept what's not mine...I struggle soooo hard with the forgiveness thing yes major grudge holder.I think people like us always give whole hearted and always give people the benefit of doubt so when we are betrayed it stings more.I pray every day for god to help me to release some of the anger and grudges to him but I usually still hold on to them.We are a work in progress..smile..Congrats on 20 years of marriage! Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteHello Renee, your post was very touching, we do what we can for our kids,family,ourselves, thats all we can do, the Lord will do the rest. Love the Prim Button doll, wonderful job. Blessings Francine.
ReplyDeleteYep, taking a stand is gonna cost us for here on out. Amazing how the left is trying to shame people into believing things. We actually HAVE to agree with same sex marriage or we are evil people. WOW!!!! I don't agree with lots of things yet I have never persecuted someone for not agreeing with me.
ReplyDeleteThere is a cost to follow Jesus....I know he will go ahead of me in these ever changing times.
Renee,
ReplyDeleteOh your boys! Looks like they were have so much fun! Time does fly so doesn't it?
I so understand where you are coming from on your belief... I have always kept mine to myself... and try to stay out of this thigns that happen online... there is just no pleasing most... What happened on FB with the Chick fil..oh my, and unfriending over soemone's belief..shame, shame! what happened to the freedom of speech... won't say more... but I was ready to delete my FB... just ridiclous so many's behavior...OLM
Happy Belated Birthday to your son. Hope he had a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteLove your doll. She's prim perfect.
Enjoy your day~Becky