Sunday, August 19, 2012

Yard progress~ and just sharing.



Good morning! I hope this day finds you well. It is a nice day here today, and we also had a nice day yesterday, not as humid. I have had the windows open and that has been welcome!
Lots going on and just not enough hours to do it all!
We have started on the rest of the back yard project~ this has been very labor intense, and we are feeling our ages! LOL! Today, I am not sure how much we will get done, as we have to go to a family gathering in a few, short hours. My husband has a sod kicker to take the rest of the sod out, we have managed to recycle much of the good sod! That was my idea! Yes, I do have some good ones now and again. My husband wanted to get new sod, and I said, "What is wrong with this sod?" We can patch it in and it should be fine, and it's FREE! LOL! He said, "Why didn't I think of this?"  So, we had this crappy grass growing, it's like fine hairs, and very soft, just that we don't want it! So, we have several spots that he took the grass out and it has been replaced.
I decided to start fresh in this one spot up by the back of the garage. I had Bee Balm, and Yarrow, and also a few Lambs Ears and I had an Azalea there. It never did much of anything, so my next plan after this, is to also work on the side of the garage. I sort of just threw things in there, and I need to re-do it. So the Azalea and also some Hydrangeas will be going over there.
I got up early yesterday~ and I am sorry for those of you that are on FB~ this may be repetitive.
I made some cabbage rolls in my slow cooker. I got the recipe from one of my QVC cookbooks. They were a hit! I can share the recipe for this. Later on, I am making some Apple Brown Betty from my Pioneer Woman cookbook. I also got the ingredients for a Strawberry cake that she has. Sounded good to me.
Not sure what I am making today. Just cleaning and also going to pick some beans today.
I will be back later with some more things that I am willing to barter with.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment