Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'd rather have roses on my table, than diamonds on my neck.



















Seriously now, I would! LOL! I thought I would share a few happenings. There are some things that are ready to burst open, but not quite yet. I have three Hibiscus, and I am excited to see them all bloom. The veggies are doing well, but I have plenty of weeds in here as well!
I am wondering if anyone knows what the item in the fifth picture MIGHT be? At first, I thought they were sunflowers, but I realize that they aren't. They have these yellow flowers, like they are going to grow SOME THING, BUT WHAT? I didn't plant them, so I am just curious. The bees have been very busy though.
I have a lot of tomatoes growing, and peppers, and green beans!
Today, I celebrate my twentieth wedding anniversary. What a milestone! I never dreamed I would be married this long! I know that sounds funny, but that is a long time. We were talking about that, it seems long, and yet it doesn't.
My husband said we will go out later to celebrate, we both had to work anyhow.
The other celebration today was that it is also our youngest son, Brandons' birthday today! I can't believe it! I also have a cousin, who at this moment is/has given birth to a son today. He was supposed to come in 4 more days, but he couldn't wait.
She has two other children, a boy and a girl.
I was up for a record of twenty one hours! I went to bed last night at around 9:30, and was awake at midnight. Not sure why, but I could NOT go back to sleep. I tossed and turned and just got up.
I am quite amazed that I have done well with all that. I had a horrid migraine, not sure why.
I used to get them a lot, now I get them once in awhile.
I noticed my Phlox is opening up more. It sure is fragrant! I saw some trees turning already, I have thought in the back of my mind, that we will have an early fall. I saw two trees today.
My mother in law is doing better, but is still in pain. I think her ribs are very bruised from the CPR.
My husband and son took her to an appointment today.
Tonight, we had Papa Murphy's Pizza for supper. It is inexpensive and actually tastes quite good.
It sounds like Old Lady Morgan~ A.K.A. Marie, and I were on the same wave today! We both stopped at Caribou Coffee! If you don't have one, you are REALLY missing out! My favorite thing to get there is either a Chocolate Mocha, extra hot, or a Turtle Mocha, extra hot! YUMMO! I haven't been there in ages! It was time, and I figured I deserved it!
Well, I hope you all enjoy some of the pictures I posted, I can't wait to get the rest of the back done. That will be on the next time I am off for the weekend.
I hope that you all have a great night. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I would too, Renee. Diamonds don't really interest me!

    We don't have that coffee place you mentioned or the pizza place! Both sound good!

    Your flowers are beautiful!

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and yours!!!
    Happy Birthday Brandon!!! Hope all your wishes and dreams come true!!!
    Wow ~ your flower and garden look beautiful ~ you sure have been busy and deserve a coffee treat!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Renee Happy Anniversary to you and the Mr...and a very Happy Birthday to Brandon as well ! Love your garden how I miss being able to work in the garden and flower beds ...guess Ill live vicariously through you ! Enjoy your evening !hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary a few days late and also a belated Happy Birthday to your son!! Your gardens are beautiful!!

    Enjoy your weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete