Here is the recipe for the cabbage rolls. I got this from my QVC cookbook~ QVC Family cookbook. On a different note, I took a load of stuff to Goodwill with my neighbor, and I had noticed a lady in line in front of me, she had hit the paydirt with cookbooks~ Americas Test Kitchen~ she had three different ones, and also some from Food Network~ I would have preferred the first ones though! I do enjoy their program when it is on!
Anyhow~ here is the recipe. Please enjoy.
1 large head of cabbage~ however, I found out that you really need two heads in order to use the mixture properly. So I would do two, it is worth it.
2 pounds of ground beef
1 C of cooked Rice
1/4 tsp pepper~
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1~ 6 oz can tomato paste
1~ 12 oz can tomato sauce, I used a 15 oz can, it was what I had.
1/2 C water.
Place cabbage in boiling water for five minutes. Cut leaves off of core. (You may have to submerge head again to cook inner leaves). Combine everything except the tomato paste, sauce and water.
Place two to three Tbsp of meat mixture on the cabbage leave and roll and fold like a burrito. Combine tomato paste, sauce and water in a larger measuring cup. Place cabbage rolls in slow cooker, pouring tomato sauce on each layer. Cook on low for 8 hours.
It was delicious! I will make this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment