Wednesday, July 11, 2012
What have I been up to?
I have been busy out in my gardens! It has been hot, sticky and humid, but a gardener has to do what a gardener has to do! We are still working on our big project, more to come on that. My pictures there wouldn't seem like much, but we had a TON of tree roots to contend with, and that took a bunch of muscle work!
I am enjoying my garden choices for this season, and since I am still learning here, it's trial and error, but I think I have gotten a few things figured out. Plant taller items toward the back so the smaller things get more sun. Know that sometimes you just get dud seeds and there isn't much that you can do. Think about finding a source for hay for mulching.
This year, I am trying my luck with zucchini and squash, although I can't recall what I planted in which row, so it will be a surprise! I think my cucumbers are doing well so far. They have some flowers on them already! I am excited! I have peppers growing on most all of my plants, and the ones that don't, have flowers! I have some tomatoes starting to come on, I am very excited about this! The only thing I have had issues with so far have been the green beans! They haven't done as well, I think I got some dud seeds!
I have SOME, but not as much as I had hoped for.
I also planted some snap peas, so hopefully I can get a fall crop for those.
I have been working of course, and soon enough it will get busier there once again. I am switching to a different weekend, so that will start in September. Some things happening at work, but I think maybe some of these things are a blessing in disguise. Anyhow, my husband is happy because he wants me to bowl with him on his league. So, we like to bowl, and I don't get to as often as I would like.My husband has been very busy going up to our family cabin to help fix some of the flooding issues we have had from the storm that hit in northern Minnesota. We had not as much damage as some, but still, enough that it required him and his brother to spend some time up there.
I am trying to plan something fun for my youngest sons birthday, it is next month, he will be 15! Oh, lord! I can't believe it ! My oldest will also have a birthday next month, he will be 19! But, he is older, and he may get one gift, but he doesn't like a big splash made. He is driving now, and it has been a blessing, he is very good about certain things, but in other areas, we just don't see eye to eye. Also, Brandon was born on my anniversary, so that kind of always seems to get overlooked. This year, we will celebrate 20 years of marriage. I cannot believe I have made it to this milestone! In some ways, it just doesn't seem like 20 years, and in other ways, it seems longer!
So, we are planning a little get away for our family at the end of August, we will go to Brainerd, Paul Bunyanland.. My hubby got a good deal on one of those social websites. We don't go anyplace hardly ever.
I will be back with more pictures hopefully. I am continuing my quest for clearing out more things in my home. I have a big load to take to the Good will. That will be on Friday. Today, I am baking a double layer chocolate cake for the boys, I doubt it will last till the weeks end, but they have been hounding me to make them something. I have to do something with some bananas too, so I may make some banana bread on Friday too.
Hope you all have a great week! God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Renee, beautiful garden pictures, so pretty. Have a great time on your travels, sounds like fun. Blessings Francine.
ReplyDeleteHi Francine,
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by and visiting me. I hope that you are having a pleasant summer. I am, but it is going by too fast.
God bless,
Renee
Well, you have beautiful gardens. What a joy they must bring you. Happy you are taking a vacation and happy anniversary.
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks great, Renee! We're enjoying ours and starting to really see rewards from it.
ReplyDeleteYour chocolate cake sure sounds good! You can send some this way! :)
Hope you're having a great summer and enjoy that anniversary getaway! We're going to try to go somewhere for ours the end of this month. It will be our 30th. Luke has never spent the night away from us so this will be a first. Of course, he will have his Joy though!
Tammy