Monday, October 17, 2011
I think I need an intervention!
Good morning~ I think! First off, I am not feeling that well, not sure what is going on, but stomach wasn't feeling 100% since last night. It has been a busy weekend, although most of my check went for groceries, Menards, and gasoline! Boy does it go fast!
Let me update, our thermostat decided to stop working, so our furnace will not turn on~ we have to get a new one~we NEED many things coming up here very soon. I just NEED to stop going to thrifts for a time! LOL! Seriously, I do! I have more than enough to keep me busy around here!
On our list~ a new water softener~ I am tired of spending more than we should because ours isn't up to par. Sears is on our list of stops~ I hope.
New opener on the garage~ that is the next thing to be done.
These are among the top of the list, I have more, but won't bore you with all that. We DID get the sprinklers blown out, so that is done, I got my stuff planted so that is done, I still need to cut some things back, but I have to wait a little longer to do that. Then there's the winterizing mulch~ adding more to things so they are protected.
I had to also get things situated in the garage since we now storing a vehicle for the winter. I wasn't that thrilled either since I just found out, don't you love men when they throw things on you? NOT~ and so I had to quickly decide what to get and put away.
So~ I have been waiting~ patiently waiting for my husband to help me hang some things, well, it didn't get done yet. He's tired, I am frustrated, need I say more? I HOPE that possibly I can get something done~ I tell him, please I have been waiting and waiting! The first two pictures you see, these are the shelves I want to go in the bathroom~is this too much to ask?
In my cleaning~ I found a rug hooking kit~ I had long forgotten it. I was thrilled to find it, and I hope to get to it. The little stove was a gift from my FIL. Gotta find a spot for that. It's gray, not my first choice, but I won't be complaining. Now~ the sampler was a find from when my mom came, this thing is HUGE and it's all hand stitched! It was only 2.30! Yep, it was 40% off! I think I am going to hang it on a wall downstairs by the garage door. This isn't even all the things I have found lately! Yes, I have been SO bad! LOL! I have other finds that I haven't shown yet, from when she was here, and then, well, I stopped at the new GOODWILL store near my home, and found yet more! Two lamps~ and also another handwoven basket.
I also want another shelf hung and I am hoping my husband will get up soon so I can get SOMETHING done!
I also wanted to share a swap I got from Nancy via Amy at Bumblebee Lane. This was the Prairie Harvest swap. I received candles, and crow fillers, putka pods, a pillow and candle holders. Thank you so much.
So~ see~ Tammy over at A Primitive Place~ you are NOT alone! I am ALWAYS behind and chasing myself. Some of it's my fault and some of it is just life. It's hard to balance everything, work full time, be a wife, and mother, and friend, and decorate and craft and all the fun things we want to do. I guess, if nothing else, I can report that I TRY to be the best Christian I can be, am I perfect? NO way! Do I mess up? ALL THE TIME! I guess in the end, it doesn't matter~ I have to know that what really matters is am I ready to go when this journey is all said and done? Am I ready to meet my maker? Did I do everything I was supposed to do? I won't really have the answer until I am face to face.
We all do the best we can with where we are at. Some of us are doing better than others, and that's great. I am just trying to survive in this world. So, don't beat yourself up because things aren't all the way you want them. Family is more important, and I had a nice time with mine for the most part. Had a few laughs and finished some otherwise boring chores. Let my son drive on a major highway and he did WONDERFUL! I was proud of him! It was busy for a Saturday. He listened to his moms' words of wisdom~ when I wasn't white-knuckling the dashboard! LOL!
I noticed I am getting close to my one year anniversary with blogging. I will have to give this some thought and perhaps do something for that. I have met so many wonderful and talented ladies! Thank you for your friendship and just being who you are.
Have a great week everyone. God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee, sorry you aren't feeling well. You're right, some have and and some don't. Put me in the don't have too! It has been a tough year for us all. Hopefully you will get caught up and things will level out. Feel better, and do what needs to be done first...that's all we can do. Wishing you well my friend. Take care, and have a good week! Love you, Loretta
ReplyDeleteOh honey you are certainly not alone.....When I need something done and I cant get hmm you know,the hubs motivated,I get a neighbor.LOL!They have hung me plenty of shelfs cause I always booger them up and make ten holes tryin to get it even,lol.I feel you on the driving too!I cant ride with my 16 year old no longer,she just stresses me way too much!big hugs michelle
ReplyDeleteThink we've all been there, done that...I've made so many "honey-do" lists that I'm listed out...Had to start photocopying them cause somehow, they would "disappear"? Gee...go figure...He freaked the first time a photocopied one showed up with old and new "to-do's." Men...can't live with 'em and ya can't get rid of 'em...! ;o) And oh, so know the "gonna needs" - we just had our LP and fuel oil filled (brrr...ran out of the latter this morning....) One was $1500 and one was $900. Hello!! When did THAT happen??!! Anywho...Love that shelf in your second photo....Hope it gets hung...and love your fun swap goodies from Nancy...Hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful week Sweetie....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful finds and awesome goodies you received!
ReplyDeleteI thought I had the only husband that takes his time hanging things up for me!!!
Have a great week ~ hope you feel better soon!
Prim Blessings
Robin
Renee, I love your blog. So witty and insightful, and full of the things I love. My husband and I have been married and collecting antiques for almost 40 years. And yes, it can become addictive, but, fun. I love the picture of the 23rd. Psalm. Blessings.
ReplyDelete