Thursday, October 27, 2011

I got such a special box today!







How is everyone doing today? I am sorry, I haven't had much going on, well, nothing worth posting about. This time of year for me gets real nuts at work. I am just so tired when I get home and all, but I tell you, I bought a scale per recommendation  of my husband, and boy do I WISH I HADN'T!
I quit smoking about 10 months ago now, in January, it will be one year. Ok~ so I quit that, and I gained weight, add the stress from work, I gained weight. I am an emotional eater~ or maybe a waste-not, want-not eater. Do you know what I mean? I HATE to see food go to waste, so even if I am full, I will still sometimes eat it anyhow. Well, that's just not a good thing. I seem to have this pattern in my life, it's like feast or famine~ where's the balance? I must learn balance! So~ I told the hubby, I need Weight Watchers! So, I will most likely be doing the on-line version, since it's impossible for me to get to meetings the way my work schedule is.
Ok~ so I also have decided this is the weekend, my husband WILL be hanging those shelves for me! I told him, "Look, I need this to get done already, I have been waiting"! No more sloughing it off!
He has promised me, so he better do it~ or else? LOL!

I have been working on some things though~ some are in different phases, I am working on some lamps that I recently purchased from the thrift store. I will say nothing further! LOL! Also, started a needlepunch kit I had in my stash, it's been a few years since I have punched, and I like to do it, so I thought it would be fun! It's a Santa with a feather tree.
I thought I would share with you all a box that I got today from my very good friend, another kindred sister, Andrea from "My Rustic Farmhouse".  She is SUCH a sweetie, I am working on something with her, but anyhow awhile back she mentioned that she was looking for the Noel Amish pictures~ the ones she wanted were ones that I had, and I thought, why not see if she was interested. She was~ I sent them out to her along with a few dolls I had made. We had talked about doing a swap, so she sent me this sweet box!
I actually remembered to take a picture of the items in the box! I never do!  Look at the little prairie dolls~ aren't they cute? I used to be scared of faceless dolls, I am well over this now! And look at this SWEET sampler she sent! LOVE the raggedies! Love the color of the frame too! She also sent me these ceramic gourds that are shaped like ducks. I set them on my little cabinet here in the hallway. I like them here.
I also love the Primitive Keeping sign and the America little tuck. Aren't they just the sweetest? I so needed this too, I had one customer today that was just not fun, so this sort of made up for that.
I thought I would share one of my fall pumpkins I have, I placed it on my scale, but I think it needs something more, I have to measure, but I think a grapevine wreath may be in order!
I won't show any further photos because well, I have boys, and they are messy! It looks like Brandon had a blanket and pillow, with his Famous Amos cookies~ well, I guess mom has to clean that up and sweep the couch! Plus, his dirty socks, and then I see his little toys scattered around! My house is lived in! LOL!
I finished my drawing of my drysink that I want for the downstairs bathroom, so that will be getting started! I am so excited! So, my next big task SHOULD be to get my sander and start sanding the knockdown on the walls in the bathroom, so I can start painting. I think I am going to use the same brown in there that I used in the upstairs bathroom~ A~ because I have enough to do it, and B~ then I won't have to purchase more paint until I have to do my bathroom! LOL! It will look good in here, and I can't wait, Kyle is excited so he'll have his own bathroom.
Kyle is starting in a work program in a couple of weeks through his school. He won't get paid, but he will gain some experience and HOPEFULLY, this will lead to employment for him. I am going to be praying about this, as well as praying more about the Lord leading us to the right vehicle. Yes, that's right~ we were going to purchase a car from my BIL, but then he had already sold it! It isn't easy to find a decent used vehicle, we have been saving for quite some time now, I hadn't been as diligent in praying about that~ I get caught up in praying for other situations and folks!
Lastly, I took a picture of my other baby~ Zipper~ I think he spotted some birds outside, his tail was pretty twitchy! He has a birthday this month~ he is 5 years old! We don't know exactly when he was born,but just sometime in October. He cracks me up, he knows where I keep his cat nip and treats, so he lets mom know when he needs some! He is VERY spoiled!
Trying to get the homestead geared for winter. UGH~ getting the big sliding kit on this weekend as well. I think it helps some, I like to believe it does. I would really like to get new windows someday, and more insulation in the attic, I have heard this helps.
I guess I have rattled on enough, I am glad for every person that stops by!

11 comments:

  1. Zipper is a very nice looking cat. Happy Birthday Zipper! Getting ready for winter here to. Some windows a door & the animal houses. Your box was full of wonderful goodies. Funny I make faceless dolls. Glad you are no longer afraid of them. Good luck on the vehicle purchase. Love how you displayed your pretty pumpkin on the scale. Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, What a fun box!!! Congrats on quitting smoking...UGH... on the down side.....
    Don't fret to much, my house always looks lived in! there is always a mess somewhere...these days...body parts to snowmen and santa's and such...OLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy do I hear you about the dieting..and feast and famine and eating whats on your plate etc..etc..this could have been me writing this..and I will always have to watch what I eat etc..and if I want to keep it off..I will need to exercise maybe daily..its so easy to put on..but so hard to take off..just take it one day at a time and try at least 20 minutes to start and then work up..I am following Chris Powells (extreme makeover ) guy and he does a high carb/low carb thing..and I tell you it works..that and exercise..I find the scales keep me honest and doing what I need to be doing..cause if I go up..I work harder..keep us posted on how you are doing..love the goodies you received and love your zipper kitty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee, I am so glad you liked your box. I stitched the primitive friends sampler, but I can't take credit for making the other items in the box. I am so glad you enjoy them. I treasure your friendship - enjoy "talking" about every day on the computer.
    Glad the box helped make up for a rough day.
    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee, congrats on the quitting smoking. I need to do the same! Love your kitty. You got some great goodies from Andrea.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee!!!
    Such wonderful goodies you got!!!
    Sounds like you have a lot to do's on your list.
    Zipper is so cute ~ Happy B-day!
    Your husband is like mine ~ I don't think they like to hang those shelves ~ I'm still waiting for the hammer to come out!!!
    Have a Happy Halloween!!!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun box of goodies Renee!!! Love the pumpkin on your awesome scale....And your Zipper baby is adorable....You sound a little down - sounds like lots of things on your plate these days....I think it's the season for that...take care of yourself - and value yourself....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I really like the box, but I think the cat has the personality. It is beautiful! Hope you get your shelves up this weekend. My husband is supposed to make a dasher for one of my old churns today, but, I may need to remind him.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got a wonderful box of goodies!!!

    Girl, I am an emotional and boredom eater. So I've been trying to keep my hands busy so I don't eat. ummmm yeah that's not working out so well. lol

    I hope everything works our for your son. I'm hoping next year my daughter will be able to do something like this. Also, good luck with buying a new vehicle. Steve says mine is starting to rust underneath. I told him as long as the floorboards weren't rusted I was still good. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Renee....oh my kids had the same problem when they quit smoking - I guess it just goes with it unfortunately but the plus side is you quit! And that's just wonderful.

    Andrea picked out some great treasures for you - I really love the kitty...lol he's planted right there in the middle of the treasure pictures...lol The stitchery is adorable.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. He Renee, I eat when I am happy, I eat when I am sad, I eat when I am mad, well, you get the picture, I eat!lol I am so proud of you for quitting smoking, as it is a hard thing to do, I am sure. Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete