Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Letting go and learning to fly!
Three for one! That's a record for me! I have had a busy weekend, and week so far! Today, was my oldest son's last official day of highschool! I was there when they let the seniors out~sounds like a prison doesn't it? LOL! Well, I was there with my youngest son visiting the special ed class there, and we were in the cafeteria when here they all came! OML~ it WAS LOUD! I got a wee emotional~had to keep myself in check.
Even though he will be entering into a transition program, it's like a chapter is closing. I am sorry, I don't like changes much, I mean it depends on what it is, but if it were up to me, my kids would stay with me always! That is my hope, I think my dreams have had to change due to my boys' disabilities, but perhaps Kyle will one day want to be on his own. I don't know. So, we are trying to save for a car, and well, he still has to get his license, we have lots to work on yet.
Seems to be the story of my life. Brandon on the other hand, was terrified, we pulled in today and Blaine is the second biggest highschool in Minnesota. It is huge! In fact, I know Blaine and Coon Rapids, which is the next town over~ we have the two largest highschools in the state. Even I am intimidated, but we got in there, and all the kids were so kind to him, and he got to participate, so I think it will be good for all of us. I was homeschooling~ actually my hubby did more of it, but I tell you it's alot of work, and my hat is off to those who do this. We didn't set out to, but weren't left with much choice when middle school came. HORRIBLE!
So~ with our schedules, it has just gotten to be so hard to keep up and just keep up period!
I know changes happen, but I just have a hard time with some of them myself!
I don't know if you can see~ there's three baby finches in the nest there! They are SO cute! They all nestle together. I got half of my roses treated today, and I noticed one of my clematis was blooming. I have two on this trellis, maybe three. I can't recall, I think it is three, but two are the same type.
I wanted to show you my Viburnum is blooming a bit more now too. I planted another clematis there behind it, with my climbing rosebush. I think that will be pretty together!
My Dwarf Korean Lilac has started to bloom FINALLY! Oh~ the fragrance! It's just wonderful! I was a little peeved, I saw aphids already! I treated many of the perennials, so I know they won't be around long! I see so many things happening~ Astilbes popping up, Columbines, Lady's Mantle, Iris, daisies! Oh my! I just get so excited to see them all each year, it's like greeting old friends!
I am also trying to get going on my swap more. I have a few things already, but need to work on a few too.
Well, I will close for now. I am glad for each one of you that stops by. I know about word verification~ someday, I promise to get to it, but it's just hard for me ladies. Sorry, it's not my gift, and I barely get to see much of my husband as it is. As soon as I can snag him, I WILL work on it. Hopefully, it doesn't irritate that many people.
Have a great week!God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Renee, Jsut thinking of you! I know how hard change can be and when you have a child that needs that extra TLC! thinking of you, breath, it will all work out! OLM
ReplyDeleteWhat an emotional-filled day. Sounds, tho, like you are finding balance in your garden and nature which is a good thing. Your clematis is gorgeous. I tried to grow them several time and no luck. Take heart Kiddo - Robin
ReplyDeleteRenee, I'm sure things will work out for the best.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
Your flowers are all so beautiful.
Not much blooming here yet.
Kinda bummed about my lilacs there flowers are really small and hardly any leaves, they are already turning brown. I think the couple of cold days last week did something to them.
Have a great week.
Prim Blessings
Robin
Hi Renee,
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about changes. Most are good but some take us out of our comfort zone. I am an emotional momma and though my kids are adults now I still try to take care of them-from a distance anyway. We do live our lives in chapters and it's all good.
We had two nice days of sunny weather, everything is so behind I'm not sure if the garden will have time to produce anything this year! I've got to get back to working on our swap but I keep getting side tracked. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.
~Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com
I don't do the change thing well either.It will work out you're a good mamma.Like OLM said just breath.The gardne is sprining to life.I need to get out and work in mine.Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteRenee, your garden and flowers are beautiful!!! I don't like change either, any my children and 28 and 30 and they are still my babies. Have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeleteRenee
ReplyDeleteYour Gardens Look Beautiful~ wonderful job!Hang in there girl~ I don't think many of us like change~
Big Hug to you~
Teresa