Monday, June 27, 2011

Just whistle while you work!



Good morning everyone! It's been a while since I last posted. I am not sure, but I am having trouble with my camera~or if it's blogger, but it didn't upload some pictures and I am not sure why.
I have just been busy trying to clean the garage. It is a lot of work! I worked at it for about 6 hours on Saturday, and a little bit yesterday too. I  had a few unexpected friends drop by, so that also changed my plans, so I didn't get any of my things planted either! I guess one can make a plan, but that doesn't mean it necessarily gets followed!
So~ at some point I will get the following items planted~ an Alba Lilac bush~a white lilac, and an Arborvitae, and a few perennials that I snagged at a half price sale! I also will be swapping perennials with a few of my gardening pals~ you know there's my neighbor lady down the way, well my oldest son mows for her, and  I help her do things too. She has some things to share with me~ daylilies, and phlox. I will give her some of my Joe Pye and Yellow Iris.
Another friend, I will get purple cone flower and more phlox and she will get shasta daisies and some of my petite monarda. It is the most behaved variety I have! My Jacob Kline and Hot Lips~ are NOT very behaved this year~ I have yanked several clumps out here and there. I also will give some shastas to a gal I work with~this is another gal.
My list is long~ but I am getting some things accomplished here. Once I get this garage done, I will feel a whole lot better!
I hope to share more pictures later, gotta figure this camera/blogger issue out. I have some catching up to do, quite honestly, I have just felt like I haven't had much excitement to contribute lately! LOL! I mean, for me life is simply routine~ for the most part~ but I have goals as we all do, I am finding these days, I just seem to be a whole lot slower at achieving them!
My hubby knows I am a project gal~ I have things in the works so he is on board with most of them! One being getting the ceiling fan I bought over a year ago~ yep~that's right~ anyhow, getting it installed! YIPPEE!
He's supposed to dig the hole for the FREE pond set his brother gave to us! I am so blessed, even though I may not have everything I think I want, the Lord does bless me each day. I am not talking about just these types of things, but with good friends and you know, he knows what I need even when I don't have a clue!
I needed a little girl time and  spiritual reflection time with a good friend and she needed it too.
God has a way of getting our attention, I have to also tell myself I cannot be too busy to make time for him!
I am guilty of not always being diligent with my Bible reading and my prayer time. I still am not sure what my purpose is~ I know I am a wife, mom, and a hair brained prim loving gal who likes playing in the dirt on occasion! LOL! But I also know, there has to more substance, I don't know, I just know that in these times, well at all times really, I want to be drawing myself nearer to him, because without him, I am nothing.
All of the things that I have, belong to him, they are not mine, not really, and I feel this need to DO more! There are folks in this nation that are losing everything they have, I saw a report on homelessness in the country, it's growing in record numbers. It is heart breaking to see this happening to so many families.
I don't know if you all saw 60 Minutes last night, but my husband and I sat there both crying, I just could hardly stand it. I told him we need to do something, not sure what that is yet, but will be praying about that.
Yes, my hubby is not afraid to show emotion, he will cry, not like the speaker of the house, but he is very tender hearted.
Well, that's what is happening in my world~ oh and I almost forgot to say GEESH! I participated in a swap hosted by Amy over at Bumblebee Lane. It was a swap about your favorite season. Well I like them all~ winter being my least favorite, but anyhow, I put down fall, yes I love fall. My partner was Sheila over at seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com. She is a most talented stitcher! Oh my, my box arrived and it was all I could do to stop working, but I MADE myself keep going! Oh my goodness, well it is ALL beautiful, and there is more than this, but for some reason, it wouldn't upload, so I will have to try again. LOOK at these things! I LOVE the pillow, it is SO sweet! She was worried it wasn't prim enough for me, but I LOVE it! Here I am worried my stuff is TOO prim for her! LOL! Thank you Sheila for everything! I AM working on getting it together here. I just guess life is full, but I try to do what I can. Thank you AMY for hosting this swap!
I appreciate you all stopping by, I just have to get some of these things done! So, I HOPE to have some things to share soon, and figure out what is happening with my camera.
Have a great week! God Bless!

6 comments:

  1. Well, don't I feel silly? LOL! The picture with the pillow was the one that didn't upload! I will have to share later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee ... Your hard work in your garden is definitely paying off : ) Your clematis is beautiful! Mine looks exactly like it looked the day I planted it. Hasn't grown even an inch, no flowers, etc. It's like it's been preserved or something. Wish I lived closer to you ... would love to exchange perennials : ) Poured rain yesterday morning (no yard work) & again it's pouring this morning. I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy here inside. The upstairs bathroom needs cleaned. Oh goodie ... lol! By the way, I have also been bad about spending enough time in prayer & Bible reading lately & I have no idea what my purpose is on this earth. I imagine God will reveal it to me one of these days. Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee you really have a hefty list there. But, i always say, do what you can today, there's always tomorrow, God willing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part of your purpose may be growing beautiful flowers that others can enjoy. You are always sharing, please don't sell yourself short! If we lived closer I would be picking flowers at your place!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee~ I'm like you think I need to get everything done then slow down and rest.We need to learn to just enjoy it as it comes and get what we can done.I love what I can see that sheila sent you..smile...I got my little gift from you today.Brighted my day and I just love daisy the painted ones will be so pretty..I'll think of you when they bloom.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yard is looking beautiful Renee....that may be purpose in and of itself...I think we all go through patches like these - and sometimes it seems like the faster I go, the more there is to do, and even less gets done....Other times I feel like I'm just stuck in "neutral..." And who knows if our purpose will be known - it may only be known when we meet our Maker....Wonderful goodies from Shelia - LOVE the crow of course!! But her arrangements are really incredible!! Have a wonderful week Kiddo! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete