Friday, June 1, 2012
I had some "splaining to do"!
Well, I had some explaining to do with my husband today! LOL! I wasn't in trouble, but I could tell, I was maybe slightly pushing it! In my last post, I said how I had refrained, I had been good!
That was until today! It all started when my work decided to have a perennial sale~ Quart sized perennials for $2.99! Who can say no? I had to get some other things, it was alright to look. That wasn't even the bad part! The bad part is, you only have so much money in your account, so that is what you have to remember.
Wait, and let me back up! Yesterday, after work, I went and helped a very good friend of mine with weeding one of her gardens. She has 5 acres, and it's just nice. She has some health issues, and it's been harder for her to do some of these things. I had told her I would help her with this. So, I was over there for about three hours total, and then we went to the nursery a few miles away!
Well, I ended up just getting another Peony~ this time, it was a red one! I REALLY want a Fern Leaf Peony, and they had one there, but it didn't look so hot, and they wanted about $70.00 for it. That is actually reasonable. They are SO expensive, and I just couldn't bring myself to get it. So, I opted for the $11.99 one, and then I also bought a Mexican Prairie coneflower.
So, then today comes, and I am at my work 15 minutes before we open. Mind you, I have a list, I have coupons, I know what I am getting. Cat litter, sandwich bags, mini paper plates, cheese balls, Dr. Scholls foot pads for my shoes, and then I go to the Garden Center.
Well~ my other very good friend is working out there. I am looking, she is smiling at me, saying you need this, you need that. These are on sale, SALE! Wait a minute~ did you say SALE? She knows I want another rose bush~ Snowdrift. I have two already, want a third, don't want to pay the full price for it. She said the magic word~ SALE! LOL! It's her fault! I got that, I got 8 perennials, and also a few annuals, yep, the annuals were on sale too! LOL!
So, I have all this to plant and also what I have from my plant swap! I am going to be busy next week!
My husband said "You must be nuts, with all that we are doing already" Yep~ I am. You see, I cannot resist the lure of sale and plants! I am also swapping some perennials with my girlfriend that I helped above.
She is getting the following, Joe Pye, Johnsons Blue cranesbill, Speedwell, and Shasta daisies. I am getting some Phlox, and some Coneflowers. She has hundreds of them!
What else did I get you ask? Or maybe not, but I will share anyhow. White Coneflower, Lupine, and another catmint. I am going to refrain for a little time now, I hope.
It is my weekend to work, so for the next four days, I will be working, then I will get my time off, 5 days!
I am looking forward to it.
Today was spent running errands, groceries, and the like. So we are set for now. I always feel good to get that done with. Tonight, I made pork chops, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts.
I am going to try and have some plans formulated, but mainly we are planning to work on the back.
We got our car fixed, and now we just contemplating on whether we should just fix our beater truck up more in the meantime. It is hard to rely on someone else for use of something that you are used to having. We just don't have the means to get anything new. We are on a budget for the most part. Most of the time I am very good, but this time of year, is a little hard for me.
So, we may fix it, I don't know. As it stands, we have to wait until Monday to see if the truck will be available to use. If you didn't really know much about me, then hopefully you will know, I am not a high maintain type of gal. I don't have to have the best of the best, in fact, most of the things in our home are second hand. So, I don't mind if my car isn't exactly the best looking. It just has to run decent.
My oldest has informed us that he is most likely going to be getting a permanent position where he works currently. Once he graduates from his T-Plus program, which will most likely be next year. So, he will continue working there, he only works now from 7:15 until 1:00. For those of you that are new followers, both of our sons are in the Autism spectrum. Kyle, the oldest, is very high functioning, but he has trouble picking up on social cues, and things at times. He is in a transition program for kids with disabilities after high school is done. So, he has been working, first he volunteered, and then he worked and started earning a paycheck, well, he must have some of me in there! LOL! He has gotten several promotions, this has been SO good for him! He is thrilled to say the least! It's a company that builds all types of commercial heating and air units, I think they do more, but I am not sure. He likes it, and he is well liked there. I am thanking the Lord for his hand upon my boys! He is growing up, and he is making much progress! I am proud of him!
Well. I am sorry that some of my pictures turned sideways, it doesn't always work for me.
I hope that you all have a great weekend.
I will also try and get rid of the verification. It won't be today though.
Thanks for stopping by. God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Renee~ oh, your gardens are gorgeous~
ReplyDeletewonderful job with them~ takes a lot of work & time~ but isn't it like a big stress reducer( works for me)
have a great weekend~
smiles
Teresa
You have a beautiful garden. Wish you lived close enough to me to direct me. Hope you have a wonderful week. I miss you on the Pantry. Where have you been? I am so happy for your son!
ReplyDelete