Friday, April 8, 2011
Fridays' unexpected finds and some tweaks.
Well, today was a beautiful day here in Minnesota! Even though I have grass that is still dormant, it's alright, I know soon it will be green once again. I was able to even hang a few loads of wash out today, that is something I LOVE to do! Had I been more with it, I would have done the bedding, but couldn't do mine since my hubby was sleeping!
Zipper also enjoyed having the windows open so he can smell the breeze. He gets to go out under supervision from me.
Had to do the grocery shopping today, I normally dread this chore, but I go early when I can to avoid the crowds. I was right, and it was smooth, even though I had to look and look at my list! Anyhow, I did mangage to save over 68.00 off the grocery bill today. I was happy about that! I also have noticed that products are shrinking in size, while the price stays the same.
Well, before we even got started, I kinda had that "feeling" today. You know, like Renee, you really NEED to stop at this store today! Well, I did, and I was glad because I found some neat things!
I found a candle/holder~ I think that is what it is, well I think it will look great painted!
Also spied this neat basket, whic is displayed, it needs something in it, but for now it will have to do.
I picked up the birdhouse, ANOTHER cheese box! Can you get over it? A strainer, and a brand new HEART stamp set! It has a book with projects! You know me and the hearts! It was half price day there too, I was doing a happy song in my heart!
I did do a little bit around here, I just get a tad overwhelmed, and with my focus being so short ranged, I don't know. It's just hard for me to manage everything. Am I alone in this class with having half completed things~ because some of these things require a bit of money to complete, and well, I am of the mindset, I will not do something three times. I want to do it one time and that is it.
I get frustrated, I HAVE things I can use, I just can't keep it in one place! I feel like I need those horse blinders on myself!
I have to cut this one short tonight. I am feeling very tired.
Thanks for stopping by. I guess I am not certain as to when I will get help here with my lack of knowledge, but when it happens I'll be thrilled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee, Saving at the grocery store has become a major event. Love your thrift store finds. The wall with the makedo chair and the stools stacked next to it is a really nice display. I had to laugh when you asked if anyone else had half completed items. Well I didn't finish some fall and winter and now spring handmades they are all looking at me in my basket I have. I bought shutters for my new windows I had put in years ago, you guessed it they have not been painted and put up,and I bought paint for my front doors over a year ago, not painted yet, get the picture. At least I am not alone. Vicky
ReplyDeleteGreat finds & pretty tweaking~ looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteenjoy the day!
Teresa
Hi Renee, Half finished projects you asked, I like Vicky have fall, Christmas, snowmen for January unfinished and now spring in various stages. Those blinders sound pretty good to me too.8-) I think creative people all suffer from the same disease.8-)
ReplyDeleteI like the display with the make-do chair and the stools too. I like the door you have in the corner, I have an old screen door I want to use somewhere.
Have a great day!! Thanks for all your prayers and sweet thoughts!!
Hugs,
Lorna
You are most likely right Lorna! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say that above the little green cupboard, there's my Grandpa's Old beer bottler. I have more bottles in my craft room. He used to make his own beer.
Great finds. Don't you just love finding goodies on half price days? It makes my whole week. Goes to show that it does not cost a lot to have a great cozy home. Thanks for more pictures, love seeing how others prim up their homes.
ReplyDeleteRenee, I really like your finds. The basket looks good on your shelf. It is coming together very nicely. you are too close to see it. I don't craft, BUT if I didn't my projects wouldn't get half finished! I wish you wouldn't be so hard on yourself. The way you are is why we love you girl!
ReplyDeletebetty
Renee~ Wow! You did find some really neat things. Everything looks so nice. What shade of yellow do you have on the walls? It's so pretty and cheerful.
ReplyDeletePatti
Hi Renee... I had to giggle at your Blinder Comment and then Lorna commted she needed them to...Well over the years meeting people with Creative minds I have come to the conclusion we all have trouble focusing and keeping on track because our minds are always busy creating something new in there and we get side tracked.. I've had it awful the past few weeks.
ReplyDeleteSo not to worry you are a perfectly normal creative person its everyone else who has a problem not being able to see all the things we see in our minds..That's wy others buy our goodies... :>)
Great finds at your thrift store...
I'm with you on the line dring laundry..it is one of my most favorite things to do...and I can let my mind wonder the whole time I'm doing it..hehe
Have a great day!!
Hugs
Tonya
Great finds Renee! I get so excited when I find those cheeseboxes, they are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou did an awesome job on saving all that $$ at the grocery store! I agree with you... things are shrinking but the price is staying the same. There is something wrong with that picture!