Sunday, November 7, 2010
A few of the girls close to my heart.
So, I am a doll lover, but I am also a doll maker! I have ALWAYS loved them, when I was little, I had LOTS of them, loved feeding them, dressing them, cuddling them, fixing their hair, rocking them. I still have a few of my dolls from my childhood, and I guess I never outgrew my love for them!
I guess the only thing that changed was the style of dolls I love. I used to buy alot of them, I didn't know how to make anything, and one of the gals that I used to buy from did teach me the basics. But from there on out, I was on my own, I mean it was how to make a basic dress, doll body, and that was about it.
Suddenly, a WHOLE new world opened up for me! I had all these ideas coming to me, and I tried using patterns, but couldn't understand them, so I just did it my way, and that's the way it's always been!
I like the VERY primitive dolls, in fact, the dirtier looking they are, the more I love them!
I generally start out SOMETIMES with a concept, sometimes it changes and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, my girls speak to me and tell me who they want to become. As a rule~ this is the way it happens for me. And you know what else? Every single doll I have ever made, comes out somewhere with a heart on it. When I do my stain technique, a heart appears somewhere on them. I took that as one of my signatures, because EVERY one of them comes from my heart, and I guess it shows~ LITERALLY!
The most recent girl I made was my Hag! I had her in my head for three years! I finally took it upon myself to make her, and I was just so happy with the way she turned out!
I have some other girls that I have been working on here and there. I will eventually finish them, one thing you'll learn about me is I tend to have about 10 or more things going on at all times! I am pretty sure I have ADD, but I will not medicate myself, even though sometimes I get aggrivated because I have a hard time staying focused! LOL! My Dad says that's how we artists are! I like to believe that!
So you have met some of my girls~ I am sure you will meet a few more in the future! Thanks for visiting with me, I am enjoying a cup of pumpkin spice coffee!
Have a blessed week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Renee what a sweet story about the heart of each doll! That is just wonderful. Did you make that cute bunny too? I love pumpkin spice coffee in the fall. Now that I have my Christmas decorations up I'll be drinking Christmas Tradition. LOL Have a great week.
ReplyDeletebetty
Renee~ That little black belindy on the cupboard door is wonderful! I'm the same way always a million things swirling around in my head.The Broom Hag turned out neat.Stop by and visit me if you get time.Harvest Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice comments! Oohh~ Betty, you are WAY ahead of me! LOL! I keep thinking, finish the shelves, the cabinet~ I need more display pieces! The one shelf is nearly done, the others are still half done!
ReplyDeleteI am also thinking, if I reach 50 followers, I would like to do something fun, I have to learn more about how to do all that first!
Maybe you and I~ Amy, could do a swap sometime.
Have a good week!
Hi Renee. Great start for your blog! Love your dolls! Come visit Primcats House sometime!
ReplyDeletehttp://primcats.blogspot.com/
Carmen and the Primcats
Thank you Carmen. I just visited yours and became a follower.It's a great blog and MY your cats are VERY blessed! That is an awesome space for them! I am sure they love it!
ReplyDeleteBetty you asked if I made the bunny. I did not make him, I have had him for several years now. I should switch him out, oh it's hard! LOL! I am just in too many projects~even for me! I want to get it all done. My husband just informed me that he will be off from work for almost two weeks! That little stinker! He said he will be bored~ I looked at him and said I have some things for you to do! LOL! I got the eye roll and a Ok, no problem honey! LOL!
I read your comment - primitive style ,on Andys blog. Felt we had alot in common and followed over to your blog. I am now a follower. I make dolls too. ;) When you get a chance come over to my blog and get to know me.
ReplyDelete