Tuesday, November 30, 2010
"Bear" with me~ more of my favorites.
I thought I'd share another of my "loves" with you all. I love and adore bears! I have quite a few, some are in my sons' rooms, I have managed to scatter them throughout the house! Some are handmade and some are manufactured, but if the face "speaks to me", then I don't care! I have made a few bears, that was before I started keeping one of each thing I made. I do plan to make some at some point here.
There is just something about them that I have always admired, I like the colors of the fur, the facial details, and what is NOT to love!
I am still working on my Christmas decor, I am sorry to be so slow, but I try to do what I can I guess. My job is very physically and mentally demanding, and well, sometimes, I am just beat when I get home. I have gotten a few things out, so I hope to share soon. I am almost done with my ornies for the exchange I am participating in, and I finished my Secret Santa project, so I can start getting those goodies together! I am glad that it turned out better than I expected, I constantly tweak my designs, so this one I am really liking.
It is very cold here, and we are getting around 6 more inches of snow, so I guess winter is staying!
I did order a primitive scale, it is a reproduction from The Country House. I have admired it for years, but was hesitant to order. I just decided to do it, and placed the order last week. So I am looking foward to it's arrival. I will post a picture when I get it in place.
Have a good week everyone, and thank you for visiting!
God bless,
Renee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love love loev the Bears. I always want to squeez and give them a hug. A childhood thing perhaps?
ReplyDeleteYou work in retail as well don't you? I can just imagin what it is like now as I also have started doing that again. And since I went back to work I have fallen behind with Christmas....it will be here soon enough!!
Your bears are so sweet. I still haven't had the time to get any Christmas stuff out yet. I just took my Halloween stuff down on Sunday. Where does the time go?
ReplyDeleteRenee ~ I used to work for boyds bears.Loved looking at them all.I used to collect bears but now I'm down to about 15 of my favorites (mostly mohair) Always trying to simplify but it never quite works for me as I get attached to things.Stop over I'm having a giveaway.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteI am so loving the adorable>>huggable>>BEARS!
ReplyDeleteYou have some very nice ones!
I started Decorating for Christmas, but I think I will be working on it til Christmas!
enjoy your day!
Teresa
Love your bears! I used to collect bears too, until I simplified. I still have some out. When I bought one I went for the look on their face too!
ReplyDeleteGood post, everyone loves bears!
betty
Just recently found your blog and am loving all your pics. Your home looks so warm and inviting. I also have a bear collection. They are just so fun to collect.
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies! I know what you mean, time does go by! LOL! I am glad to have you all visiting me here! I am thinking when I reach at least 50 followers I'd like to do something! I need to play around with blogger a bit more!
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy the bears very much!
Have a good evening!
This pooped out gal is hitting the hay!
Yes Silvia, I do work in retail. We are VERY busy. I am in the clothing dept, we are on 9 hour days right now for the next few weeks, I am just beat. I typically work 39-40 hours a week.
ReplyDeleteAnd it is amazing how SLOPPY people can be!
We all joke about writing a book! LOL! Humor has to be a big part of the day, otherwise what else have you got? I am sure you see some interesting things as well.
I am just in survival mode at this time!
Have a good day!