Friday, November 5, 2010

A few pictures to share.


Good morning everyone! I thought I would share just a couple of pictures here. I still have ALOT to do yet! I am overall happy with these two areas~ I mainly shared a picture of my version of a make-do chair because some have asked about it, and I FINALLY did finish it! This area is still under construction! LOL! I have to say, the make-do I attempted was a bit of a challenge. I am a self-taught seamstress, and I cannot read a pattern to save my life! I have another ladder back I can use to make another, but when I do get around to it, I will do a less challenging one! I didn't think it turned out TOO bad for my first attempt!
The wall area above is where I will be putting an old window cabinet that I am in the middle of building.
I know~ not TOO original, but I have a "thing" for old windows! I also have a "thing" for wooden houses~ hence the one sitting there! LOL! It won't be making it's home there, but I haven't quite figured out where I want it yet.
I was however, excited to finally hang my Noahs' Ark picture up. I happened to find it at one of the thrift shops my son and I frequent. I really fell head over heels for it, it's VERY folk art looking to me. I also love ARKS! I also found the ark sitting there at the same thrift place, I have some animals I have been working on to go with it, but I have LOTS of unfinished projects around here, so SOMETIME I hope to finish them. The little doll at the bottom is one from my childhood. I decided she needed to sit in there.
For any of you that know me~ I LOVE my dolls! I can't seem to help that, perhaps it's because I am the only woman in a house full of men! I don't know, but I have always loved the dolls.
Well, so you all can see some of the things I love here, I am currently working on the window cabinet and also two other shelves that I am sanding~now that I located my sander! These pieces will all be painted black.
I hope to share more pictures later on, I have to work all weekend, so I don't know how much I'll get done!
I have also been slowly trying to add some Christmas decor in the mix.
Oh and I am also going to paint an old table that was my husbands' Grandmothers. It will also be black, and will go in front of the settle bench.
Have a great weekend everyone, and thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your re-dos. Especially the table that was your husband's grandmother's. What does it look like? I have an oak table that was my husband's aunt's table and its pretty but its definitely not prim. I had my builder make me a farmhouse table but haven't decided if I want to use it instead of the oak one.. decisions decisions.. I love your makedo chair. Can't wait to see your creations!
    Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with your makedo chair! (also that you are building a cabinet) the more I find out about you girl, the more I am impressed!Keep the pictures coming!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! LOL!
    Andy, the table is very old, it has spindle legs, lots of details in there, the top is sort of oval shaped but it will work perfect there. It is a bit taller, but I have to incorporate it somewhere in the house, and this seemed to be the best fit.
    I think your home is very nice Andy! I kind of went through phases with our kitchen table~ first I had just a wooden table, then an enamel table, now we have a farm table. I really like it much better.
    I do like creating and designing. My problem is I like to do so many things and sometimes it's hard to choose what to do next. I haven't ever had any formal training~ I guess it's partly a god given talent and my Dad's side of the family is VERY artistic.
    My first love though is making dolls. I have had many people tell me I should make patterns, but the problem is~ I can't read patterns! LOL! I don't measure, I eyeball everything, I just see it in my head and then I do it. I can't explain that to people very well, but that is how it works for me. I have notepads in every room in the house because the ideas just come.
    Oh Betty, I appreciate your kind words! This will be my second window cabinet~ shh... don't tell my husband, but I think I'll be making some more of them too! LOL! To me, there is just something simply beautiful about old windows! I guess I am a go-getter most of the time, if I want to learn something, I will figure it out. I never worked with wood before, but I wanted to learn, so I have been experimenting. I'd like to make some other pieces, but we shall see. I have a very old door, that is one of a kind, I have special plans for that. I already know in my head what it's going to look like. I won't say anything more about that until the time comes.
    Sorry to ramble on, I just have LOTS going through my head all the time! It is nice to have others to share with!
    I will post more pictures later on. I have to do things as my schedule allows~ not always easy for me! I guess it probably helps keep me balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogland Renee!!! I love your chair and can't wait to see pictures of your dolls. You sound so talented!!!!! I know you have lots to share!!! Can't wait, have a lovely eve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the welcome! I did manage to get the first coat on one of the shelves and part of the table. That table had alot of details in it! I will share some pictures of some of my creations at some point here, my favorite dolls to make are the raggedies and the black dolls.
    I have to get ready for work now. I work every other weekend.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

    ReplyDelete