Thursday, November 18, 2010

My outing with a special prim pal!








Good evening everyone! Today was a VERY nice day! I am a member on APP, and well, there is another gal there as well. We live not too far from each other. We decided it would be fun to meet up with each other. This is Brenda and myself! We had the best time! She is really a sweet lady, and her little puppy Tucker, is SO very sweet! I'll be bringing him something next time!
We went to The Red Barn first, it was a very nice place! The home was to die for, and we both decided that we could live there with no trouble! LOL! They had some very nice things, but I have become a bit more selective, so I did find some things today! I don't usually find this many though! I did score this neat feeder that belonged to one of their lovely horses. I don't know for sure, but I am guessing. I don't know the technical name for them, but I think they are neat, and I have a spot in mind for this already. I have a set of sleigh bells too, so I thought why not? Then I spied the butter churn! I love it because it's RED! It was also a VERY good price! Then I asked one of the ladies what these curved wrought iron pieces were for. I was thinking of my bathrooms~ I have to paint all of them, there are three, and collectively, there were three of these~ so what do you think? I like them because they are unusual with that curve.
Brenda found some goodies too, I know she picked up some gifts. I won't give that away!
Then we went over to Buffalo. There are several shops there, but some weren't open. We did go and browse in some, they all had very nice things, Brenda found a cute window framed with grapevine and a star! She loves the stars!
We went and had lunch at a deli around the corner, the food was good, and so was the company! I tell you, it was just SO nice to have some girl time! I haven't done that in a Looooooong time!
Then we headed over to the last place, The Buffalo Nickel! WOW! This place was impressive! It's an old barn, there are two floors, with nooks and crannies EVERYWHERE! I got turned around in there! I found these old bobbins, I just love them! They'll be going in my big tote. The lamp I missed at first, and then I focused on it, and was totally wowed by it! I have a lamp obsession too! LOL! It looks like an old lantern I think. I have a hurricane, and I think it will look nice on there.
I did also find a neat RED shutter. I will post that another time! I am so tired, but I had so much fun!
Brenda found some really cute things as well. A bowl, a crow with a little grubby candle, and I know some other great stuff as well! I am sorry Brenda~ I told her my ADD is bad!
We will definately get together again, it is nice to have someone close by that shares the same interests as you do!  Oh and she did get these two samplers~ the one with the star and the stocking, and the little ornie! Too cute! I got her a few things as well! I will let her share if she wants to! I just had so much fun, and look foward to doing that again!
I hope you all are having a good week. We are supposed to get more snow I hear. Tis the Season!
Thank you for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy ypu two got together. It is so wonderful to have a friend to "hunt" with.

    Well I do not know what the curved pieces are,,,,will you tell us??? lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl time is great! And to share with someone that gets it is even better.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, I am so glad you girls had fun. It is wonderful to connect with a new friend, too. You got some goodies too!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. We DID! I haven't shopped like that in so long! LOL! I went a little over my budget, but not too bad! I am sorry, I forgot to tell you what I am planning to use those curved pieces for! LOL! I am going to use them for towel racks in each bathroom! The lady I got them from was going to use them on some other project, but when I saw them, I was thinking towel holder Renee! They came with these very small S-hooks, I guess I'll use them someplace else! I haven't ever seen anything quite like them before! Now I just have to decide on paint colors!
    I love all my finds, but I think my favorite was the lamp! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you both found some super finds!
    I love the butter churn!
    So glad you enjoyed yourselves!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had some fun!!! Is that a 'Beater'? (the curved Iron thing) I love it.Actually I would find it hard to decide which is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Silvia,
    Yes, that is a beater! It is heart shaped, I have another one that I haven't hung yet.
    I will hopefully get it all figured out eventually!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. APP Tammy, if you stop by here, and I hope you will, PLEASE don't think I am ignoring you! I have TRIED and TRIED to post on your blog, it simply will not allow me to! I can't even connect to your e-mail to comment. I don't know why, but I feel terrible about this. I view your posts and want to comment, but cannot! I do not know what to do about this. My husband didn't know either. My BIL is the only other one who may be able to help, if he comes by soon, I plan to have him take a look.

    ReplyDelete