Monday, November 15, 2010
A start of my Christmas Decorating
Good morning everyone! Well, this is a start for me to my Christmas decor. I am just hesitant to keep bringing things into the house until I get more of this other "stuff" out of the way! Sigh~ I am trying here!
I cannot ever recall having this much trouble making decisons in my life! LOL!
I apologize for some of the mess you see here, but this is my reality at the moment. I think my cat Zipper makes an excellent decoration! He is doing his"sphinx" pose!
I love Santas and snowmen, and I have quite a few that aren't even out yet. I am not sure how many of them I will get placed. I haven't even started in the upstairs yet.
You can see my dry sink~ I just LOVE this piece! I need to find some hardware for the doors though because they don't want to stay closed~hence the drill sitting there! LOL! I have a VERY large tote there, and I have some rag ball in there, but I need alot more of them! I want to put some of my old bobbins in there too. I welcome any ideas you ladies may have. I really wanted to bring in a very neat sled I have, but I cannot get to it at this time, so hopefully next year! I have so many unfinished projects to complete, it is sometimes overwhelming to me when I think about them all!
My very good friend Debbie, made me three signs, and I just LOVE them all! My youngest sons' favorite song is "It's the most wonderful time of the year". She made this for him, and you should have seen his face when he caught a glimpse of that! LOL! Priceless! I have thanked her for them, but I thank her again! WE LOVE THEM DEBBIE! Prim pals are the best!
The picture above my settle bench means alot to me. It was a gift from my Mom, and I have placed it back in it's home of honor! It is a Nancy Noel piece, and I have several of them. I have decided to only place a few of them out, but I will be able to rotate them as I feel the need to.
I think my oldest son is the culprit of my broken cabinet, although he hasn't fessed up yet! I was a little upset, but my husband came up with the idea of placing this other piece I had redone awhile back there instead. I do like it. Thanks honey!
I will keep plugging away here as I can! Thank you for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee,
ReplyDeleteI just finished up my decorating.
Well....
Maybe?
I have some things "bugging" me that I think I am going to redo.
But atleast I have everything unpacked and put into place.
Now I just need to do more tweaking.
Looks like you are off to a good start on your holiday decorating.
I always love seeing Christmas decorations, so keep those pictures a coming!! :)
Take Care,
Tam
Hi Tammy!
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy you posted! For some reason, it won't let me comment on your blog and a few other gals blogs! I don't understand.
I LOVE your home, you do such a great job with your displays!
Thank you for visiting me! I hope to figure this out!
I hope you are feeling better too!
Blessings,
Renee
Renee~ Some of the blogs have to wait for blog owners approval so don't show up right away.I love that santa with the flag riding the sheep.Your kitty needs a santa hat or jingle bell so he fits in better with the decor.LoL.I'm trying to wait till after turkey day but with everyones sneak peaks I'm getting antsy so don't be surprised if you see my beginings of christmas soon.Harvest Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteLooks good!!! I just love christmas decorating. It makes the house feel so new and cheery!
ReplyDeleteCarmen and the primcats
Your blog looks really great Renee!! I know you'll love having a blog, as it's alot of fun and you get to meet alot of wonderful people out there in blogland..
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Lynn
looking good Renee. I love that picture and your dry sink is a WOW
ReplyDeletebetty
Your of to a good start at least. It all looks lovely already:)
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies! I am enjoying blogland so far, I have lots to learn. One thing that is perplexing me is why I cannot post on Tammy's blog, it doesn't even work at all! I have tried numerous times, I know what you said about approval, but this won't even let me send the post to get approval like some of the others. Does anyone have any ideas?
ReplyDeleteYou know Betty~ this dry sink is unusually large, the fact is, I haven't ever seen one that is 6 feet long. I have seen a few 5 footers, they are rare, but this one is six feet! It fits perfectly behind the sofa! It came out of an old farmhouse in Wisconsin, that is all I know about it, and I got it for a very good price! When I applied the Briwax to it, it REALLY made a huge difference! It has become one of my favorite pieces! I have wanted one for years.
I am very excited for tomorrows' outing with Brenda! I can't wait to meet her! I am sure we will have fun!
Thank you for stopping by!
Hi Ms. Renee,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're getting a great start! Zipper looks so cute. :) Reminds me of our Bambi! We say she can't walk straight...she swings from side to side like a tiger!
Blessings,
Joy (from Country Sampler Forum)
Good evening Ms. Joy,
ReplyDeleteI am so tickled that you have came over to visit me here! I see you all have finished your project. I have to go and take a look!
Bambi sounds like an interesting cat! Aren't they funny, they have their own little personalities and quirks! You know, Zipper is OBSESSED with water! LOL! Oh lord, he comes running whenever he hears ANY water running! He loves to drink from the faucets! He also likes ice cubes in his dish! He is VERY spoiled!
Blessings to you!