Good afternoon!
Well, today I have been cleaning, crafting, schooling my son, and browsing on the web! LOL! Well, I LOVE craigslist, and sometimes I find things, and sometimes I miss out! Today, I found this little gem! You will have to see the potential here, she's a little worn, and frayed, but her bones are solid!
I know I will never be able to afford a Johnston Benchworks piece ever, they are lovely, but way out of my budget! I have a couch as well, again, a CL find, and it's got good bones, I am not crazy about the fabric, but I have lived with it this way for about a year now.
There is a gal I work with and she's quite a talented seamstress. I have asked her if she will help me to make some slipcovers for them. She has agreed! After doing the make-do chair, I just don't think I want to tackle this on my own.
She can at least make and read patterns! Oh ~and did I forget to mention~ this was FREE!
I will have to do a bit of arranging upstairs, but I think it will look wonderful, the couch too when they get their new "duds"!
I am just thankful for all the little blessings the Lord places in my path! He cares about little old me, even when it comes to things like this! I don't look at it like settling for the discards, I look at like bringing it back to something even better! You know, that's how God is with us, we aren't in the best shape when he finds us, but that's ok! We'll still never be perfect until he returns, but he wants to bring us to something better!
I am blessed and I want to be a blessing for the Lord to others!
I hope you all will have a most blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thanks for stopping by!
I just love that Sofa!!! And by the Time you finished with it it will be perfect:)
ReplyDeleteRenee~ I can see the potential.It'll be great finished.I feel like you always be thankfull in the little things we are blessed with! Warm Blessings and Happy Turkey Day!~Amy
ReplyDeleteAh, Renee, that will be a jewell when you are finished. You are such a savvy shopper. I firmly believe if something concerns you, no matter how
ReplyDeleteinsignificant it is, it concerns God. Enjoy your new love seat. Happy Thanksgiving!
betty
Thank you ladies! I sure hope I can find a nice fabric to do this with. I posted some pics of my living/keeping room on APP so you all could see my colors, and the other sofa, and the fabric. Any suggestions? I'll post something here, but am hoping to get some more things done Christmas wise this weekend. I have to work tomorrow~ UGH! I detest Black Fridays! I do get out early though!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!