Thursday, November 25, 2010
My living/keeping room pictures and Happy Thanksgiving!
First of all, I wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! So much to be thankful for! My wonderful family, good friends, and all that the Lord has blessed us with!
I hope this isn't overkill! LOL! This is the upstairs, our living room/keeping room. My husband and I have done so much already, but it's never done!
Being on a budget, we have to do things as we can. We installed the wood flooring a year ago now, we love it, and it has helped with the allergies.
We still have to get trim, and do the stairs yet. I plan to install beadboard along the perimeter of the hallway and where the window cabinet is hanging that I built, with my husbands' guidance! He doesn't always trust me with the power tools! LOL!
This has truly been a labor of love!
You can see my other CL find~ my sofa! It is very nice quality, but I am not loving the fabric! It's a bit LOUD! This fabric is what I have chosen for that piece. I am hoping to find something I can work with for the loveseat. My colors are warm in this room. Browns, reds, black and some green.
Most of the things in our home have come second hand. Some things are from when I had the store, and some I have made myself. It works for us!
What type of fabric would you all use? I was thinking something in the red family possibly or something muted. I am hoping to find something I love. Trouble is I am somewhat color blind, I thought this was cranberry, but found out it's rusty brown with ecru! I still love it!
Anyhow, I haven't started any holiday decorating here yet. I am trying to finish up some things first, which I hope to complete tomorrow evening, if I am not too beat from work!
I'd like to start a bit more this weekend with the decorating.
I had forgotten I had Snoopy sitting there! LOL! He is from my childhood, one of the few things I have left.
We don't have a landline, but it's one of those things I just can't part with! He will most likely go in the closet, unless I find a place to display him in my younger sons' room. We shall see.
Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I do welcome input!
Have a very blessed day!
Renee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Ms. Renee!
ReplyDeleteIf you wanted to donate, there's several places you could go. You could go to www.anorphanswish.org
and you can also donate through Holt's website, which is www.holtinternational.org
Thank you! :)
Blessings,
Joy
Hello Renee :) I LOVE your pictures your home is absolutely beautiful & prim!! :) You have kitchen cabinets the same color as mine, and I am about to tear out my hair trying to figure out how to decorate around those cabinets - what color wall paint etc. What color is your kitchen? Also, I LOVE that picture of the baby in your living room.. can you tell me what its called? I have never seen it before.
ReplyDeleteKeep posting pics I love them!
I love seeing your Pictures. It keeps me motivated! And to hear you say that your workings take you some time is helping also but...please don't lock Snoopy away...lol
ReplyDeleteThank you Joy for the information! I can always support others for such a great burden!
ReplyDeleteHello Andy, well my kitchen hasn't been done yet. I need to paint in there again, it will be the same color as the rest of the upstairs. It is that color, but it's been many years since I have painted. I do also plan to paint my cabinets, they won't be staying the oak color. I am planning to do a few tests, but I am either thinking a cranberry red or another color like putty. I would also like to put beadboard in my backsplash. I have too many other things to do at the moment so that will be the last room done.
The picture is called "Baby in the red chair". I found it at the thrift store for a song! I just loved it, and didn't know much about it. I have seen someone else with a smaller version of it. I think I paid around 8.00 for it. Love deals like that!
Have a good day!
Aw Silvia! I know I love Snoopy! I think he will go in my sons' room. Believe me, if I was a bit younger, and I can still go, but my job is VERY demanding and it's just all I can do somedays to do the basics! I'd be much further along, but from where I started, it's PRETTY good! LOL! Like I have said, most of the stuff in our home IS second hand, some of this I have had for years! I AM a collector, but am trying to pare it down to a degree.
ReplyDeleteRenee, you will have it all done in time. In the mean time enjoy the journey. I like your couch and also the material you have chosen. Prim homes are decorated with good finds!Everything in my house, with the exception of my upholstered pieces are antique or used. (Antique means old, but it has still been used.)lol I don't want to pay full price for anything!!! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeletebetty
Betty, thank you! I am NOT ashamed of what is in my home, I guess sometimes I have felt behind everyone else! I am trying to enjoy the journey, I am however, now officially confused about fabrics! LOL! Do you think I should go with a bolder pattern for the sofa versus the loveseat? Now I am not sure about what to do! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHELP ME!!
Thanks for visiting.
Renee
Renee, go with what you love!! Its nice to get other opinions, but in the end YOU have to live with it and you go with what you love!!!!! I love the choice of material you chose. I see your love seat or sofa either in this.I have a friend who owns a shop and can get any material she wants, and her couch is done in the checked like you chose and it is beautiful! You have sons, you have to make it livable too. E-mail me if I can be any help to you. (its on the forum) I say go with what you love!(again) It will all fall in place. You are so talented and so generous you can't go wrong!
ReplyDeletebetty
Love the Pics! And I love your CL find! That fabric you chose is going to look great!
ReplyDeleteCarmen and the Primcats